Saturday 21 April 2018

Shopping

We still go out to do our weekly shop but a lot of people like to do on-line shopping for convenience.  On-line shopping was a boon for my mum and dad once they couldn't get out to the big supermarkets  and both my daughters find it eases their busy work-life balance.  But at some stage we all physically shop, and after seeing the awful coverage of the plastic in our seas and what it's doing to our Eco-system, I decided to rid myself of plastic bags completely.  

As a sewer all my life, I have a very large stash of fabric so it was easy to find just the right fabric design for fruit and veg bags.


Today we used them for the first time and the sizing of each bag seemed perfect.   I made the vegetable bag the same size as a large supermarket bag and the fruit one a little smaller.  They are both sturdy bags and it was a joy to take them out shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment